Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Beach Life Part 2 - Sunrise, Storms and Sunset

Our internet access wasn't so hot at the beach so I couldn't upload my pictures to the blog. Bummer for me because I really like to blog while on vacation!
We had some super hot, beautiful weather while we are here - which brought in some super, lightening packed thunder storms.

I only took the time one morning to go out on the beach and walk to get some sunrise pictures.  As I mentioned, the sun doesn't rise over the ocean (at least from our angle) where we were at - we were facing South. 
 
It was still pretty but didn't goad me out of bed every morning at 6am to rush out and take pictures. I was more interested in sleeping!
The weather was pretty steamy while we were there - high 80s, low 90s - feeling like 107 or something ridiculous.  But with the beach at the door...no worries. It made for some pretty cool late afternoon and evening thunderstorms.
The storm clouds were amazing to watch and the sitting out under the covered deck watching the lightening after it got dark was very cool. and kinda scary!

I didn't get time in the evenings to get to the Point to watch the sunset because either the weather was stormy, or we were busy with dinner, ice cream etc.  On the last night there, I ran (literally) out after dinner and family pictures and managed to catch about the last 10-15 minutes of sunset.  I was amazed when I walked out onto the Point (of Emerald Isle), having no idea what to expect.  I felt like I was walking on the moon.
Except that I could look up and see the moon....

There was so much sand/beach area, the water was everywhere and the view was amazing. I was kicking myself for not going every night that we had been there. I couldn't stop snapping pictures, all the way out - walking backwards because I didn't want to miss the view.

The last picture I snapped as I left the Point was of a bunch of dragon flies buzzing around the grasses. 

I'm so glad that I made it there before the sun set! It definitely made up for the lack of a "real" sunrise!

1 comments:

Mary said...

Gorgeous photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails