Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Dear Moms!

Motherhood is scary business...sometimes it doesn't seem like it at the beginning - when things go perfectly and you ease into mothering that newborn baby that sleeps well, eats great and never has an ear infection (like Mason), you might think "hey, this isn't so bad...I can do this!"

You may catch a whiff of fear the first time the baby sleeps through the night and you awake in a panic and rush to make sure he's still breathing, or the night that a fever spikes suddenly and you call the doctor's office in a panic.  Or the loud "thud" and screech of a first broken bone.

Almost 16 years into Motherhood, and I'm still amazed at how much turbulence the heart can withstand...it's capacity to stretch, expand and contract with pride, joy and fear.

The snuggle, first words, a Thank You, kindness when playing with other kids, good grades, great effort...

Losing your 3 year old for 10 minutes at the store, a lump on her neck that sends a cold chill through your body as you think the worst, being bullied and teased.

And so much more that I haven't gotten to experience yet as a Mom.  It's a blessed but scary road.  One that I wouldn't trade for all the wine in the world... 


Thank you Mom and to all the Moms that I know and love!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails