Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gratitude and Humor

Many of my friends on Facebook and blogs are posting their 30 days of Thanks. I love reading what everyone is thankful for.

When I saw this picture, it was like my 30 days of Thankfulness all rolled into one.
It's so so rare to get my kids into a picture together. And to get them in a photo for ME is almost impossible.  We had Melissa work her magic recently and I just love this picture. Little Miss Silly Boo, Smiley Siley and this (edging towards maturity) teenage (Ma)son that I barely recognize sometimes - I haven't yet become accustomed to looking UP at him.
I admit, I am very biased, but when I see this picture, I see not only their handsomeness but also each unique personality.  We have some very smart kids. Very quirky kids. Very funny kids.  If there is one thing that I want my kids to have in life (besides happiness of course...) it's a great sense of humor, which I think breeds happiness.  The ability to laugh at yourself, connect with others through humor and to find some way to laugh in just about any situation life brings on. 

I'm thankful everyday for many things in my life.  Laughter is at the top of the list.  The ability to laugh in good times and bad, to hear the kids laugh and know they are happy, when you know someone hurts but still can experience even a moment of peace with a laugh.  I really am very thankful for humor and the ability to laugh.

I think we've created some pretty amazing little people...and we're so blessed.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails