Saturday, May 10, 2008

NY Day 3 - Crazy Uncle Turtle Bill

Today we left the Bronx and headed to Fishkill - where Justin's Uncle Bill has 2000+ turtles. We have talked about Uncle Bill for years to the kids and this is the first trip where they could see all the turtles. Both Mason and Ella LOVED the turtles. I, personally, know that I will have turtle nightmares tonight...some of them, like this guy below, are really spooky!



I cannot even begin to tell you the names/types/country of origin for these guys...Uncle Bill has discovered and named many species of turtles all over the world.


These ones are just some ol' box turtles from here in the U.S. - my kind of turtles!



Ella LOVES feeding the tortoises - I have a video of it that I will upload when we get back


Here is Uncle Bri holding a very nasty turtle dude. he'll snap your fingers off - and his dad can take off at least 1/2 your arm. Ella looks a bit concerned.

This is Mason holding a turtle that is only found in Okinawa, Japan. Very rare little turtle-man

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails