Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day to my honey





I have been so tremendously blessed to have found (okay, stalked) my husband 15 years ago. Those that have known us since the "beginning" are amazed at 1. how good and strong our marriage is, 2. that we have not killed each other and 3. that my egg and his sperm create such beautiful children :)

He is a fantastic father - he takes the time to teach them the things that they will need to know when they grow up and are independent - he teaches them the things that I tend to do myself because its "easier". He's stern, he's gruff, he invokes the right amount of fear that a dad should have. He reads bedtime stories, he gives baths, he kisses boo-boos, he gives dinosaur rides. He does pig tails, underdogs and "funky monkey" dancing.

We've hit rough times along the way - infertility, death of friends & family, dirt poor, uncertainty in our relationship. Each rough spot has made us stronger, has improved our relationship (the only thing that hasn't improved in 15 years is my aim...lucky for him!) and has made us both stronger individuals.

He's the man that I would not want to live without and that my children should be so proud to call Dad.

5 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

Awww, you got me all teary.
Happy Father's Day, Justin!

Anonymous said...

SUCK UP MUCH ?

EL PAPERINO said...

AS THE PAPPY OF THE PAPPY, I WOULD HAVE A TO AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY. HE IS A GREAT GUY AND I AM PROUD TO CALL HIM MY SON. I WOULD LIKE TO POST A DISCLAIMER HOWEVER THAT I DID NOT, EVER, NEVER TEACH HIM THE "FUNKY MONKEY", NOR DID ANYONE ON THIS SIDE OF THE FAMILY. MUST BE AN OHIO THING. I WILL ADMIT THAT I ALSO GOT A TICH MISTY WHILE READING. IT WAS NICE.

the4bulls said...

I was almost misty eyed until I had to laugh about your bad aim. I guess that answers the hole in the wall in our basement... :-)

The Christensens said...

Now I need to hear the stalking story!

Related Posts with Thumbnails