So we went out to the farm and spent an evening looking at the dogs and going back and forth between which puppy we wanted (and which looked like the calmest that would cause us the least trouble).
We picked our puppy out and then the next day we went to the pet store to get a collar, food dishes and all the puppy essentials. We told Mason that he would get to name her. He thought long and hard while we were standing in line. His first choice was Black Dog. Not really a fitting name. We told him to try again. His 2nd choice was Zoe - he was very in to Sesame Street at the time. So, Zoe it was.
Mason had a puppy chair that he'd sit in to watch TV and was very attached to it.
She has been a wonderful, wonderful family pet. She loves the kids and protects us fiercely (until the bad guy rubs her belly).

She still patiently lets the kids sit on her...
Her nerves are shot these days (maybe I should slip her a glass of wine) - she is afraid of thunder now, and when the smoke detectors go off she shakes like a leaf. Her hearing isn't what it used to be - sometimes she doesn't bark at noises like she used to and then at other times, she imagines she hears things so she barks.
She's a good girl. I hope we have a lot of years left with her.

5 comments:
Wow- I remember when she was a pup.
Also remember she had no fear running out of the yard.
Zoe was such a cute pup and still is. I hope she last for a couple more years. She's such a good dog for you all.
Nothing quite like the love between a pup and their humans.
I don't know where I'd be without my boy Mulligan, or Coe and Daffie, or Freebie and on and on.
What a great tribute to your Zoe. Give her a scratch for us.
She's a beautiful girl. I love the last photo of her and Mason.
aww what a lovely doggie tribute. we want one so bad, maybe when we get more room... she's a cutie.
Post a Comment