Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Smiley Siley Turns FOUR (and the Tooth Fairy Rides Again)

I don't ever think I've fully appreciated (or felt enough sympathy for) the situation that my parents and family had to deal with trying to make sure that my Christmas birthday was celebrated.  I get it now and I'm crying "uncle!!". 

My Siley babe turned 4 on the 26th and after a long day on Christmas and a 2nd family party on the 26th - that evening we pulled out the party balloons and birthday cake and celebrated my little guy's birthday. 



A few days ago I made a bit of fun at the fact that Dad had a tea candle for his birthday candle.  Well...guess who couldn't find the birthday candles that she had JUST bought that very morning and had to pull out the tea candles? (me).

 
 We sang, blew up balloons and opened some presents.
I did make a homemade cake - though you can tell it's still on a baking sheet (and it's not very pretty).

 

Of all 3 kids, Si seems to be growing up the fastest.  It really seems that just a year ago, I was holding an infant. It's very hard for me to believe he's 4 already. He constantly makes us laugh with the things he says, and he consistently makes our blood pressure rise...he's definitely more accident prone and hardheaded than Mas and Ella!

 
The tooth fairy made another visit to our house that evening too - Ella lost her 5th tooth.  She's been wiggling and pushing and pulling on it since Thanksgiving, and finally it popped out.  You can see below how holey she is.


2 comments:

MarilynT said...

He sure is a smiley boy...and quite the character. Happy birthday, Si!

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your blog and I started to laugh with the tealight candles. I was just looking at the pictures before I read it and I just noticed them. That's pretty cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails