Friday, December 17, 2010

What's been Going On?

So, what have we been up to since we got back?  A lot of picking up around the house and trying to get ready for Christmas!!  We spent 17 of 33 days in New York and Christmas has completely ambushed us!

Last weekend Ella and I went to a Girl Scout mom/daughter gala.  It was a "formal" and I had nothing to wear (unless you count my wedding dress) so I ran to the consignment shop and got this dress that maybe someday I'll get to wear again. We had a good time eating cookies (girl scout of course), drinking tea and dancing!

We also went and got our Christmas tree last weekend.  It's not romantic or pretty but we go to Lowe's and get the tree, pay our $15 and get down to the business of getting it trimmed while sipping on eggnog. 


It was getting pretty snowy and bad out when we went to get the tree and we saw this car go off of the road...
oopsie!

I love the shape of the tree - quite lovely for $15!  I think we broke the record for how fast we threw the ornaments on this year.
We've been getting a ridiculous amount of snow and frigid temps (in the single digits) for the last week. Crazy for this time of year!  We've been holing up inside a lot excect for when we MUST go out. Or to play in the snow a little bit.
This is the kind of weather we typically get in February...not December!  I hope that after Christmas we have a very mild winter!!

It's difficult to get into the Christmas spirit this year - I think the kids are doing okay...they are very focused on the presents and Santa of course.  Silas has been coming up and giving random hugs, which I love. Justin and I have been in "be productive" mode.  Getting lots of stuff crossed off our list. Justin is taking time off now until the new year to work on admin for the business.  I am still trying to get caught up from being out so much between surgery and NY trips.  I really just want to get to 2011 and pray for a better year.  And a year for cleaning out the basement!  After the last few weeks, that has become a #1 priority!!

I hope that we can find a way to remember Grandpa J in each holiday - and during those times that he would have spent with us.  It's so important to me that the kids remember as much as possible - his quirkiness, his visits, his birthday calls, the cartoon wrapped gifts.
We have some fun parties to look forward to, our annual Christmas Eve of wrapping and drinking and a New Year's Eve with friends.  Hopefully that will help get us more in the holiday mood!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails