Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ella's First Camp!

A couple weeks ago Ella went to her 1st overnight camp with Girl Scouts. It was at Camp Wakatomika which is a good hike from our neck of the woods!  Per the list we got, we packed enough stuff for her to be there for what looked like 3 weeks - I guess boy scouts aren't the only ones that are always prepared.

I worried only slightly that she would get home sick.  I should have known better.  She was engrossed in her first craft project and barely even looked up to tell my good-bye!

She was with one of her best friends, Abby.  They got to be cabin makes too.  They had cozy little camp cots made up with their sheets and sleeping bags.


I tried to convince them to take Silas too but no such luck...

The girls had a great time but were thoroughly exhausted 2 1/2 days later when they returned home.  7am wake up call - which for Ella is unheard of!!  She also had to "clean the latrines" which she was not to fond of.
It was a quiet couple days around the house without her singing, dancing and fighting with the boys!
This week she has been at day camp from 9 - 3:30 each day.  It's only 15 minutes from home and she gets to come home and she gets to fight with her brothers in the evenings - the best of both worlds for her.  She will be one exhausted girl by this weekend though!  Just in time for a "restful" weekend at Indian Lake with friends!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Mary said...

I'm exhausted reading about her days at camp!

Related Posts with Thumbnails