Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bloggety Blog...

Chapter 1:
Donna - is better and home from the hospital.  She was gonna go Thelma and Louise on them if they didn't let her out when they did.  Yep, the Zuidermeister is a tough one - warrior!
I got her casual text last Friday that she was having a bad day and had clots in both lungs, thus admitted to the hospital. After a few exchanges, I really had a mini-freak-out of "what if something horrible had happened????"  See that smile above?  It's one that I can't live without and I'm thanking God that she is getting better.


Chapter 2:
Jodi - now she is in the hospital.  Gallbladder :(  Really, when we hit 40, does it all have to go to hell in a hand-basket?  Gallbladders, cancer, blood clots - we're 40 for God's sake, not 80!  Hopefully Jodi will be home very soon and feeling much better.  Another dimpled smile I can't do without ;.)

Chapter 3:
Dead Turtle / Sad Siley - Little Turtle man bit the dust.  Uncle Tim found the cute little turtle on the golf course this spring and brought him home to Si...unfortunately, he did not survive our household.  It's survival of the fittest around here - if you can't feed yourself at this point, be prepared to go 2-3 days without eating.  Toughen up.
Silas was very sad though.  It really bummed him out the last couple days. It probably didn't help that we kept the dead turtle in a baggie on the deck for 48+ hours in 96 degree temps.   You've seen CSI and what that can do to remains :(
He's been properly buried with a few kind words and he's with Grandpa J now.

Chapter 4:
Hudson Class Reunion - Last weekend was Justin's 20 year class reunion! Who knew I'd end up with such an older man!  We drove up to Hudson for an overnight stay and Justin reconnected with many friends that he hadn't seen in forever.  I had a great time mingling and seeing people that he's talked about for years!  We both had a fantastic time and Justin was so glad that he went and that they had such a great turnout.

I find it amazing how quickly, 20 years later and worlds apart, the connection can be re-established. I think a great alumni event would be to do a day back in high school.  Backpacks, books, teachers, a happy hour after...hmm...(but no homework!)

Chapter 5:
Chad's Visit - Another fantastic reunion this week was Justin's elementary and post-high school Europe traveler friend visit.  Justin and Chad are T-burg friends and honestly, I feel like I've known Chad as a friend myself all these years because of the stories that I've heard (we know how Justin tends to repeat stories!).  Chad and his girl, Meara AND their two large dogs (Meisha and Bear) stopped for a visit on their drive from the Finger Lakes (NY) to Tuscon (where they live).  I expected complete chaos with all the animals but they were fantastic and Zoe and Cleo were very hospitable hosts.  I wish they had been able to stay a few more days and we'd gotten to catch up more.
Justin and I stayed with Chad in NYC many moons ago (pre-kids).  Chad lived in a tiny apartment above a Greek diner and Justin and I slept on the couch.  Sometime during the middle of the night, I was woken up by mice (quite possibly RATS) rummaging  through the garbage in the tiny kitchen area.  Yeah, it makes me appreciate a rodent-free suburbia!
Chad and Meara are awesome folks - I hope it's not another 15+ years before we can visit again...

(a picture of Meara and Chad that i stole from Chad's Facebook page :)

Chapter 6:
Indian Lake - We had a fantastic time with the Hile's and Lang's a couple weekends ago at Indian Lake.  A weekend of total relaxation, swimming, boating, fire by the lake...greatly enjoyed it and got a terrible sunburn on my back!  The kids tubed and (Silas especially) - were thoroughly exhausted!!
JP all big and burly - he looks like Popeye :)


Coming soon!
BEACH!!!!! One of the things that I love about vacation is the time to take pictures and blog about our trip.  I really hope that I have the time (and internet connection!) to do that this year.

YOSP update - I've been bummed that we were slowing down in our progress but Justin started "officially" on the basement last week and that has been a huge boost in our progress on the house!  Pictures sometime soon :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails