Ella and I started the first weekend in December with the Jingle Bell run downtown. Her gym teacher got over 120 people signed up from the school. It was a ton of fun and Ella ran the whole way with me! (It was a 5k, or 3.2 miles). She did great and wants to start running with me more often.
We put our Christmas tree and decorations up earlier than usual this year because we hosted the Santa party, and it would have looked pretty bad to have Santa but no tree or decorations!
Both Ella and Silas wanted to put the angel on the tree this year - so they both did. Both are getting pretty heavy for Justin to lift up that high!
We had another great visit with Santa this year - our 10th year I believe. Such a fun tradition.
And Ella had quite the outfit picked out - she looks like one of Santa's Elves!
Ella's class also put on a stellar performance with their play called Snow Way Out. It was very good and some of those kids that sang solos were very brave!
I tried to upload the video of one of the songs but no go...
Silas had a fun party in class. All the kids got a gingerbread boy. Si was so excited to get him. His teacher had been reading The Gingebread Boy to them in class.

Margie got a cardboard gingerbread house for Ella and Silas to paint. They did very well for the first couple days...then I had to twist arms to get them to paint!Silas had a fun party in class. All the kids got a gingerbread boy. Si was so excited to get him. His teacher had been reading The Gingebread Boy to them in class.
Guess who ended up finishing the painting on it!? It turned out cute and Cleo likes it :)
Much more to post about Christmas and Si's birthday...but that will have to come later!

1 comments:
Christa, I have been inspired by your running that I have signed up for a 5k and I am starting the couch to 5k program. I don't know if I'll ever get to the point of running a half marathon, but I will try! Thanks for all the inspiration! The kids look great! I love all the stories and hearing about them. I need a Mason post! I miss you all!
Post a Comment