Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to School 2012!

We are off on another school year. This one is another milestone - with Silas starting 1st grade and Mason a SENIOR!  That's a whopper!!

The first week went smoothly and I managed to get 1st day pictures without too much fuss!

Mason Paul as a 1st day Senior.  This just amazes me.  How can he be a Senior already??
He also started his first job this past week too - as a food runner at Mill Run Movie Tavern.  Yesterday, he worked a 10 hour shift and he put in about 20 hours total this week.   He's working hard and excited to have some money of his own!
We've been looking at cars and hope to get one for him very soon. Driving him to and from work is a job in itself!  I hope he has a fantastic Senior year and can keep up with his job, grades and having fun with his friends.

 Ella and Silas we both very excited on the first day...I think Silas more so than Ella.  This year is a big change for Silas. All day school.  He's used to 1/2 day and then fun with his friends at Kelly's and going to mam-ma and pap-pa's on Friday afternoons.  Now it's all work and no play! :)
 He is such a super learner.  He is excited about the things they learn in class, his teacher (who everyone tells us is SO super awesome) has already sent great feedback home.  I think he's going to have a wonderful year!

Ella also got a teacher that we've heard wonderful things about (Ms. Bailey). I'm excited because it's a new looping year and we'll have her for 4th and 5th grades. 
 Ms. Bailey emailed me this picture from  her 1st day of school. I love her hot pink shoes - it's hard to miss her in those!


I take this same picture all the time when Justin walks with us to school and I always love it.  This one in particular, since it's the first day of 1st grade and I love how Silas is looking up at his Daddy. He's at such a great age - still small enough to still hold our hands, snuggle and want tucked in but so excited to test his independence and learn, learn, learn. 
There is a lot of growing up going on around here and on one hand, it can be tough and sad because I love the toddler and preschool ages.  But it's very exciting to see their personalities as they get older, see the qualities (for better or for worse) that they have inherited from Justin and me...


I think we are going to have a really awesome school year!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails