We were up and at it pretty early (for Ella). We headed out around 8am and found our way down to the Arena district. We wandered around just a bit trying to find where to pick up our race packets and the start area.
It was hot, hot, hot. And there were a LOT of people.
It was hard to get pictures with my cell phone (these are them) because I didn't want to get it all messed up. We took disposable cameras but haven't gotten those pictures developed just yet.
It ended up being a lot of fun and I'm glad Ella and I did it together. She had a great time. She is a good little runner. We both agree that it's better running in the colder weather.
The race ended at the same area as the Jazz and Ribs Fest, so we grabbed some fries, a lemon shake and found a shady spot to cool down. We found one of Ella's friends and her mom.
We all walked over to the fountains after the run so that the kids could hang out and cool down a bit.
I love how the pink makes her blue eyes stand out so much! We had a lot of fun. I love my girl!


0 comments:
Post a Comment