Thursday, February 13, 2014

If You Can't Beat it...Join it

This winter seems to be never-ending. It continues to be so cold and snowy. So finally, this past weekend we bundled up and went sledding. It wasn't TOO terribly cold out...around 25 degrees I think, which compared to the zero and negative temps we've had, that felt pretty good.

We went to the Battelle Darby Creek park and it was great. Not too crowded. We hadn't been there in years.

Ella started off wanting to stand on her board going down. She actually did a pretty great job!








We ended up in the van for a hot cocoa break. Good thinking Dad!


I even went down the hill a few times, mostly with Justin but with Ella and Silas too.


The scenery was pretty.


Ella's wipe-outs weren't so pretty.


I wish I had gotten Silas going down on his belly in a Superman pose. It was pretty good.








I think we're going to try our hand at Mad River Mountain this weekend. That may be a bit much...for me at least!!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails