This week has been going much better, except for the dumb Ohio weather. Sunday was 81 and beautiful. Monday it rained a ton and was just dreary and bluck. I worked from bed and it was actually quite cozy and productive.
And then yesterday it snowed - real snow, not just the little flurries that don't do much.
I have captioned this "The Agony of Defeat" - poor things. They are still all slumped over like they've given up for good.
Silas and I have been butting heads quite a bit for the last couple weeks. He's been very whiny and quick to lose his temper and I've been lacking patience myself. He's such a funny kid though. For example, last week:
Silas: Can I have my vitamin? I've got white bumps on my arm.
Me: White bumps?
Silas: I'm not sure but it could be scurvy...
Me: ???
It's so easy to get lost in and overwhelmed by the millions things that always need to be done. Household stuff, work stuff, friends/family obligations...on and on. I feel lucky that most often, I have the ability to step back and put things into perspective. Clean the toilets or spend time outside with Justin and the kids on a (currently rare) sunny day. I'll go with the latter. And by the state of my house...I probably make that choice a bit too much! But oh well...
At least I've got my sanity...right?!? ??
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment