Sunday, December 23, 2007

Santa C is coming to town






Santa came to the 'hood last night. We had our annual neighbor party and had about 10 billion kids there this year. Si gave Santa the stare-down.
2 more sleeps until Christmas - in E's wording. I have nothing wrapped yet but that is not unusual. At least it is all bought. I will try to ship the kids off for few hours tomorrow and get some wrapped. Then Margie and Tim as well as Sarah and Brian will come over and we'll have snacks, drink a bit and finish it up. Seems to work for everyone (luckily or else we'd never get all our gifts wrapped!)
I discovered a new super easy Christmas treat - pretzels with melted white chocolate and m&m's on top - yummy. I made a batch today to take to mom's on Christmas day. J was commenting that I've been very crafty this year - made some frames for family and some Christmas ornaments for some other family. I skipped out on making the cards though. too much pressure!


We made our first call ever to Poison Control today....J was doing some stuff for work and was gone, M was at the movies with pap-pa and E was up in her room playing. It suddenly dawns on me that I haven't heard a peep from S in awhile...that usually means he is looking at his books or getting into something. I went upstairs and the smell of Vicks vapo-rub about knocks me over. He's covered himself all over his chest, arms and neck in it. I asked him "did you get the medicine in your mouth?" and he says "eat med-sin, eat med-sin". When I started rubbing it all off with the wash cloth, he stuck his tongue out too to be wiped down - apparently it wasn't as tasty as he'd hoped...His breath didn't smell like Vicks but I figured it was better to call Poison control and see what they say! J came home then and called the hotline. Not to worry, apparently it takes quite a bit (2 tablespoons or so) for it even to be an irritant, meaning that he might then throw up. I watched him for about an hour to make he didn't seem sick or have a tummy ache.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails