Friday, March 14, 2008

Hypnosis, Hug Therapy and the Amish

Sounds like a self-help book doesn't it?

I have to renew my counselor license by the end of March so I am in a mad rush to get my 30 hours of CEUs (that I've had 2 years to complete...) - so today I attended a workshop on hypnosis -
(you are getting very, very sleepy...)
It was actually very interesting and I bet you didn't know that the average person goes into a trance-like, hypnotic state about 4 times a day naturally. Ladies - that would be the time to whisper to the husbands "you will do the dishes and rub my feet..." - it'll work, really!

So, while I was gone today and Justin was out all day too - my parents (God love 'em) came over to watch the kids and of course, Ella and Mason fought like cats and dogs. So, when they get really, really bad, Justin makes them do Hug Therapy - we set the timer for 2- 10 minutes (depending on how bad they've been and our mood at the time) and this is what it looks like:
It's working - can't you tell - I can feel the love!

Oh, and in case you've ever wondered what Si would look like if we were Amish - here you go - wonder no more...



4 comments:

the4bulls said...

Too stinkin' cute! I am going to try the hug therapy thing. My parents used to make my sister and me sleep in the same room. We would divide the room in half with tape (like you see on tv) and eventually our meanness would go away and we would be nice to each other again. But you gotta love the hugs!

Kelly Syferd said...

Hug therapy! Genius!! I am so going to have to try that one soon.

Melissa Jones Photography said...

ha ha too funny!

LGibbs said...

Um, yeah... I just came across this post and I am rolling! I need a good laugh today and the pics did just that! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails