Monday, November 17, 2008

In Loving Memory

of Douglas Barlay - he died very peacefully yesterday with Sherilynn by his side.



All our love and prayers to the BTeam.





BARLAY Douglas M. Barlay, age 44, Sunday, November 16, 2008 at The Ohio State University Hospital. Graduate of Bishop Hartley High School (1983) and The Ohio State University with a B.S. in Industrial Design. Veteran US Navy Operation Desert Storm, USS Saratoga. Dedicated Prosthetist with Hanger Orthopedic. Committed to Engaged Encounter and it's philosophies. Lifelong member of St. Catharine Church and member of the Knights of Columbus. Survived by his wife, Sheri Lynn Barlay; children, Victoria, Rebecca, Koen and Katharine; parents, Karl (Priscilla) Barlay and Faith (Dick) Criner; sister, Erin Taphorn; brother, Andrew Barlay; father and mother-in-law, Bert and Mary Lou Seymour; lifelong friends, Rick Ochs and Ann and Gale. Friends may call Thursday 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at EGAN-RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 403 E. Broad St. Rosary Thursday 7:45 p.m. Mass of Christian Burial Friday 10 a.m. at St. Catharine Church. Burial St. Joseph Cemetery. Friends who wish may contribute in Doug's memory to St. Catharine Church, 500 S. Gould Rd., Columbus, OH 43209. The family does not know how to begin to thank the countless family, friends and community who have been so generous and life changing. You assured Doug that his family would be among good friends.


6 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

I am so sorry, Christa. I have been following their blog and have been inspired by the love they share for each other.
Lots of prayers for the BTeam.

James family and pets said...

Very sorry to hear about Doug's passing. I also have been checking up on their blog, what an amazing family.
Lots of prayers from our family too!

Jodi said...

Ditto to the above.
Let me know if you need me to watch kids if you want to attend any services.
Love Ya

Jim Brochowski said...

Thoughts and prayers.

I got nothing that the above haven't already said.

I just read the latest post in the B team blog.

That is one amazing woman.

May the peace continue.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Doug's passing. I don't remember ever meeting them, yet I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face and thinking about what a strong woman Sheri is after reading many of her recent posts.

the4bulls said...

I am so sorry to hear about Doug leaving this Earth so soon. May his friends and family feel his love and presence everywhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails