Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Schminter....


This past week, I have had the song In the Bleak Mid-winter rolling through my head...

The kids missed 2 days of school, the roads were icy, snowy and slushy and pretty miserable.


The poor birdhouse was taking a beating...



And we really should have covered our deck furniture this year!


But on the bright-side...
it was handy for putting a quick chill on a bottle of wine.


Mason got bored at some point of being snowed in and decided to amuse himself by being tied up and seeing how long it took him to get out.
This was the most difficult (below). His escape time was 4 minutes and 31 seconds. Yes, he's an odd duck!
And hopefully no one turns us in to Children's services!



Ella and Si did get outside for a bit and enjoyed the snow - but it was REALLY cold and I made them come in when Silas could no longer feel his cheeks.





It's fun to have some snow - but I am really ready for Spring and warmer weather!


5 comments:

the4bulls said...

you finally get the boy some manly boots - how about a hat?

James family and pets said...

That is hilarious, tying Mason up, only he would think of this.

Jim Brochowski said...

Great pics, although I have to agree Si needs a new hat. I think I have a good old fashioned Budweiser hat around here somewhere. ;-)

I'm with you though - Time for some warm weather. Snow is fraying my nerves.

WineLover said...

He's lost his masculine scooby doo hat yet again!

Anonymous said...

AH - THIRST OWL, GOOD CHOICE (I HAD TO CORRECT THE WORD GOOD 'CAUSE THE FIRST TIME I ONLY HAD ONE "O" IN IT, WHICH ACTUALLY MADE SENSE TOO)
HOPEFULLY YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE WARMER WEATHER WHICH WE HAVE BEEN GETTING.
EL PAPERINO AKA A THIRSTY OWL KINDA' GUY

Related Posts with Thumbnails