I was at Kohl's shopping when my water started leaking...thought I had peed my pants :(
Called the doctor around 5:30pm, they said come to Riverside to check it out. The nurse checked, said it was fluid and "you're having a baby!"
They started Petocin at 6pm....nothing happened until 8:30pm when I started having contractions...bad contractions! At 9pm I was ready for my epidural but the damn guy didn't show up until 10pm!
I'm a happy camper after I got my drugs!
About your new baby:
How did you select your baby's name?
Ella after the poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Margaret Patricia Lynn after family
Time of birth:
11:20 pm
Weight: 6 pounds 11 oz.
Length: 20 inches
The first thing I remember is how loud her cry was as soon as she made her entrance into the world. She was so perfect looking...tiny and petite.
I was in awe at how beautiful she was, right out of the womb - even covered in slime. She came out looking up, her eyes wide open. She pinked up very quickly. her mouth looks just like Mason's, especially when she cries.

She is very alert...she didn't sleep much the first night at the hospital. She wanted to be held close.
I was in awe at how beautiful she was, right out of the womb - even covered in slime. She came out looking up, her eyes wide open. She pinked up very quickly. her mouth looks just like Mason's, especially when she cries.
She is very alert...she didn't sleep much the first night at the hospital. She wanted to be held close.

From a few weeks later...
Mason loves his baby sister. He kisses on her so much that we have to tell him to stop. He doesn't wipe the food from his face and then kisses her and gets it all over the top of her head and hair.
The first few weeks have been rough. She is fussy, I've had mastitis, a uterine infection, thrush, and strep throat. And she NEVER sleeps unless we hold her. But how I love my baby girl...


Happy Birthday Miss Boo! Have fun being 6!
We love you!
We love you!

2 comments:
So sweet! Happy Birthday, Ella!!!
I wish I had a better way to scan pictures- I love when you do this. Great walk down memory lane and great pics!
Post a Comment