This week has seemingly sucked. Taxes, work stress, taxes....cranky kids...rain, rain, taxes...
But I think back to April 15, 2008 and know that the next day - April 16, 2008 - sh*t would hit the fan. Margie's surgery and cancer diagnosis. And it's still enough to deliver a kick to the gut 364 days later.
But there is still MOST of me that says "yeah, but..." I have had 363 days that have made me realize the total, full blessings of life, the understanding that we are all going to deal with tough stuff eventually and we can do our best or hide under a rock.
I usually don't care for "yeah, but" kind of folks...because being the YEAH BUT Optimist, I have to work hard not to get knocked down by the YEAH BUT Pessimists.
So I know the angle makes the basket look half empty. But I know better.

1 comments:
As usual your words are so TRUE!!! I personally think you have handled it all amazingly well and there are days I wish I was more like you!
Post a Comment