The first day of a school was a hit. Everyone got out of bed without too much fuss, got ready and (to various degrees) were excited to go. Mason did fuss about me taking pictures, wanting to know "why is it so important that you get so many pictures?" And after he left, I cried.
The Freshman@7am
The 2 sillies as we head out the door
Si's school starts at 8:45, so we drop him off first. It's a madhouse at the preschool. I have to say, it was very difficult to walk him to his room and then leave. He asked me if Ella was going to stay, if we (Justin and I) were going to stay. Walking out of the room and the building, I cried.
He looks so tiny!
Everyone had a good first day of school. Mason said they didn't do much but fill out papers. He has friends in all his classes, except English.
Ella is VERY excited to have 2 recesses and loved eating lunch at school. She saw many of her neighborhood friends and thinks her teacher is very nice.
Silas told me he ate a snack, played outside, talked to some kids and that his teachers are pretty :-)
Hopefully they will all have a great year and I'll be able to stop crying...

4 comments:
I felt teary and they aren't even my kids!
As long as the kids are the ones crying, it will all be good. :-)
It's hard to accept that our babies can grow up isn't it?
But they do, and oh so fast.
You'll be okay. We'll all be okay - and yeah, like Marilyn I teared up too.
Cool that you shared this.
Of course that should say "the kids AREN'T the ones crying..."
Doh!
I'M GLAD THAT ALL WAS WELL AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. HOPEFULLY THE 2ND WILL BE JUST AS NONDRAMATIC (EXCEPT FOR YOUR CRYING THAT IS). IS SILAS IN SCHOOL ALL DAY, 5 DAYS A WEEK?
MONDAY'S PICTURES OF THE "ANGELS" SLEEPING WERE PRECIOUS. PLEASE TELL MASON THAT I APPRECIATE HIM NOT SLEEPING IN MY ROOM(TEENAGERS CAN BE SOOOOOO DISORGANIZED!!)
SO KEEP ON ROOTING FOR THOSE YANKEES!!(YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED.
EL PAPERINO AKA ANGEL LIKE SLEEPER HIMSELF
Post a Comment