Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beach Life

It's amazing how quickly one can go from days filled with work, schedules and responsibilities...to just sitting, reading, watching the ocean, playing and watching for shooting stars. It's very difficult to get bored when there is so much "nothing" to do!

We overdid the sun on Sunday, spending most of the day and evening in the ocean. 

So we spend some time on the deck in the shade, giggling

And getting ice cream at the Sweet Spot - delicious!!

Monday, still fearful of daylight and the thought of sunshine making contact with bare skin, we took a break from the sun and went to the aquarium.


We did have a minor hair mishap - Ella got a comb stuck in her hair...but "patient" Aunt Margie was able to get it out without scissors... All's well that ends well!

The shooting stars around here are amazing.  We've seen 20+ while sitting out on the deck in the evenings. It's hard to pull yourself away and go inside, afraid of missing another one.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

you captured some great shots! And it sounds like a wonderful time! Remember your sunscreen!

DougJillAbsandAl said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying EI. It warms my heart knowing that another friend has found it to be a great spot! I forgot about the awesome shooting stars! Tell it I love it, miss it and will see her in July!

The Bennett Family said...

What a great beach vacation! Poor Ella and the comb. I remember having those problems. Mine mostly resulted because I fell asleep with gum in my mouth! The pictures are beautiful!! Enjoy your last days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails