Monday, September 20, 2010

The Icky Sickies and Soccer

We've had an icky sicky weekend and start to the week.  Justin and I went to a concert on Friday night (Matt & Kim - and it was great!) and when we got home, Silas had a fever of 102+.  Tonight is night 4 and it was back up to 103.5 after the Motrin wore off.  I hate when the kids are sick. Besides them being miserable, I end up getting up all throughout the night to check on them, then I'm tired and cranky too.


We spent a lot of time hanging around the house over the weekend.  It's nice that we recently started getting the Netflix via the Wii!  They have a lot of kid movies and it kept him entertained while lying around.
My Facebook status today was:  
the routine has been: temp of 103+ --- whining/fussing ---- give Motrin --- temp drops to 99 or 100 --- jumping on and off the bed begins --- running like a maniac around the house --- temp of 103+
And that is pretty  much how it went all day...

Last weekend we started soccer.  Both Ella and Silas are playing this year and Saint Justin is coaching both teams (not because he really wanted to but because there were not enough parent volunteers for the boys' teams).  It makes for a rather crazy Sunday because the games are back to back and there is less than 10-15 minutes between the games, AND they are at opposite ends of the soccer complex.

Not sure why the one glove on Ella...

They both really hustle out on the field and do a good job of going after the ball. Ella's not afraid to use her elbows when the other girls start pushing her around.
Silas doing his pre-game warm up

Love his face in the picture 


Ella looks quite intense in this picture!

I'm hoping that Silas is back to no fevers tomorrow and we can get on with our week...until the next one gets it.

On Saturday, since I was housebound with Si, I tried to start the Blurb book again for 2008.  I had downloaded the software a year ago.  I got the blog "slurped" into the software and started arranging the posts but then ran into a glitch with the software and it closes everytime I try to open it now.  So...now I guess I'll have to find time to take a look at that before I can proceed.  No wonder I never get anything done...stupid technology!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ella looks so old in 2nd to last picture! Sounds like you guys have busy weekends!

Jim Brochowski said...

"Soccer Michael Jackson?" ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails