Monday, September 27, 2010

The early days

I'm not sure why but there is something about this song that reminds me of the early days of JP and CK... :)




Florence explained the song's meaning on her MySpace:
"Kiss with a Fist" is NOT a song about domestic violence. It is about two people pushing each other to psychological extremes because they are fighting but they still love each other. The song is not about one person being attacked, or any actual physical violence, there are no victims in this song. Sometimes the love two people have for each other is a destructive force. But they can't have it any other way, because it's what holds them together, they enjoy the drama and pushing each others buttons...

...There was this one couple who were so cool, but so visceral and so intense. The guy never hit the girl, but I saw her lamp him a couple of times, and she'd always give as good as she got. But it wasn't really physical violence, it was more about the fact that their animal passion for each other was the thing that was attractive for them. It was how joyful destruction can be, and how alluring it is to be in a relationship so fiery. There was never a dull moment when they were around. I don't know how they do it! I'm a conflict avoider. I think I write about such intense things because I'm actually really bad at expressing anger."

Well, the "animal passion" and "joyful destruction" might be a bit of a stretch but otherwise, it sounds about right.  

Lordy, I'm glad we outgrew that phase!

1 comments:

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

Ha...I too am glad we outgrew that phase. Sometimes I hear songs I recall liking while in H.S. and think- whoa ,what was going on in my mind then- ha...

Related Posts with Thumbnails