The kids started the week with Monday out of school for MLK day. We had a pretty lazy day at home. My children would stay in their pajamas for days, weeks even, if I let them. Silas played with his Legos a lot. I don't know why but I am amused when I see his Lego space plane with Woody and Chewbacca on it together.
On Wednesday night, I had to go to the school to pick up Si's Kindergarten registration pack. I can't believe my baby will be heading to kindergarten. Seems like just yesterday that he was grabbing and sucking on his toes.
So the kids now-a-days (and I remember Mason did this a time or two also) have this ritual that they do when they want a snow day. They turn their pajamas inside out and backwards, and wear them to bed like that. They also flush ice cubes down the toilet. Apparently 6 is the magic number.
Thursday is started snowing around 8am...and snowed and snowed all day. I think we had 5 inches here. Ella had a ball walking home from school in all the snow.
And last night right after tucking the kids into bed, school was canceled. So they had another lazy day at home! The only reason that Ella got out of her pj's today is because she had a Girl Scout event in the evening. She went to a Paradise Island Luau and came home with a painted face and flowers in her hair.
While Ella was gone, Si had his friend, Carson, over. They had fun playing Wii. During MarioKart, Justin told the boys to come eat after their "race" was over. Silas informed him "we're not racing...we're just driving to see who finishes first!" Got it :)
Friday, January 21, 2011
Snow Days and Luaus
Completely fabricated by
WineLover
at
11:48 PM
|
Labels:
friends,
kindergarten,
lazy days,
snow days.
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Wish adults got those snow days. Can not believe Si is going to Kindergarten I remember the day he is born.
Post a Comment