and Spring Break was gone :( Wow, that went fast. No fun vacation for us this year like our New York and beach trip from last March.
Instead...
- Justin went to New York to get some of the family items that we've had in storage from Grandpa J. While he was gone, the kids had sleep overs with some friends, Ella and I snuggled in bed and watched a lot of HGTV (we really like House Hunters and House Hunters International). Ella is really good at picking out the houses that they will select. She takes a lot of interest in the design of the houses and which houses would be the best fit for the families.
- I had movie night with the the Girls - we decided to liven up our winter by having a monthly movie night and we have done quite well with the movie and drink picks for each one. We've watched Going the Distance, Life As We Know It and The Switch. All have been very good and perfect for a girls' evening.
- Ella, Silas and I spent an evening with the Sayre's since their daddy was out of town too. Ella and Abby are in the same grade and Carson and Silas go to the same preschool. They have a great time playing together but it is usually a meltdown when it's time to come home. I'll just blame it on the SuperMoon that night.
- I went to the visitation for a dear friend's mom who past away after battling Alzheimer's for several years. Over those years, if there was a night that she or one of her sisters weren't at the nursing home, it's only because her dad was also having health issues too. God Bless them as they settle into this new normal.
- I worked A LOT over Spring Break. I've taken on quite a lot of new responsibilities with work...and quite a few added hours. It's great and exciting and I'm happy about it but possibly bad timing as it coincided with Spring Break!
- But Margie and Aunt Amanda came to the rescue and got the kids out of the house for me. Margie ran them around one day for me, and then we got a great surprise visit from Aunt Amanda (after begging her to come visit us for a few weeks!!). Amanda and Margie took the kids to the Humane Society to see the cute puppies and kittens, to get ice cream, to the bank several times (...long story!), to COSI, where they had a ball. In general - they got them out of the house and my hair so that I could work.
- I took Mason to get his temps on Friday - we barely made it in time to get tested. I thought the mean looking lady behind the desk was going to tell us "too bad" (we were 5 minutes past testing time). I think she saw the look on Mason's face and decided to let him take the test. He passed and we got the learner's permit!! Watch out!!
- We watched the Buckeyes lose an agonizing game to the Kentucky Wildcats on Friday night. Beth and I were depressed enough that we needed to go out on Saturday night. She, Amanda and I went to see Hat Trick and had a blast. They are such a fun, fun band!
- Justin, Amanda and I took the kids to see Diary of a Whimpy Kid 2 (or Diarrhea of a Whimpy Kid, as Silas was calling it) on Sunday. Cute movie and the kids loved it. Silas is singing THIS non-stop now and doing the "dance".
- And I ended the week with my lovely book group pals. More delicious food, lively conversation and very little discussion about books :)
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I Blinked...
Completely fabricated by
WineLover
at
11:39 PM
|
Labels:
family fun,
NY Youngers,
spring break,
supermoon,
temps
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
So fun to read what u have been up to! Busy lady but all good stuff! Our break is in two weeks.
Post a Comment