Our drive here was great until we got about 25 miles away. It took us 2 hours to go that last distance!! We were all really cranky about that. When we got to the beach house Silas moped around and said "this is the worst house ever!" I really couldn't blame him for being so grouchy.
The house is pretty awesome though. This is the first year that we've rented a house with a pool. It's a huge hit and I have a feeling we've locked ourselves in to having this amenity!!

And I've googled and found the closest ice cream shop that has
our favorite ice cream. :)
The crabbing is good again this year too. Last year was terrible and the kids were disappointed. This year we were nervous because Nags Head just finished a huge beach renovation right in front of the area we are staying in. We were worried that all the crabs would be gone since they dumped a bijillion tons of new sand down. No worries though- they were all over the place.
We have a few things we want to see this trip. The new Jeanette's Pier is in the list. The old one was destroyed by one of the hurricanes and they have been rebuilding it for the last few years.
For now though, I am content to sit by the pool with my book and music and do a whole lot of nothing :)
- Posted on the go from my iPhone

1 comments:
So glad you guys made it! Have a great time!
Post a Comment