Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gorgeous weather...and NOT so gorgeous weather...

We have had a week of really nice, play outside weather. Not scorching hot. The kids have been outside a lot - and we've done yard work and been watching the garden grow.


Ella and Si doing sidewalk art



Mason showing his stuff on the Ripstick




Garden is getting big - we've got 8 tomato plants (various varieties), a tomatillo, and radishes in this area.




This area has the cucumbers and snap peas




Miss Ella with the first pickings of radishes


Last night we were rudely awaken by massive thunder and lightening. Then by the tornado sirens going off. We have a skylight in our master bathroom and it felt like we were on the set of Flashdance. At around midnight we grabbed the kids and headed to the basement. Ella and Si never woke up. We stayed down in the basement for about 40 minutes watching the radar show the storm sitting directly over us.
I really like storms - but not in the middle of the night when the dog freaks out and the kids have to be rounded up...I like when I can sit in the garage, drink a beer and watch them...

A picture from the storm (but not one that I took) - there was SOO much lightening with this storm...eek!


1 comments:

the4bulls said...

I needed like 10 beers for last night's storm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails