Tuesday, September 9, 2008

All's Quiet on the Younger Front

I have been laying low on the blogging for the past week - one reason is that I am having a hard time finding time. My work is extremely busy and it's been crazy around here with the floors going in and the mass chaos of the house during that. As you can tell...it's going to well worth the installation mess!
We've done some temporary rearranging of the furniture so that we can get the front room prepped for destruction, but all in all, our family room is livable again!



The 2nd reason that I've been laying low is that Justin found out at the end of last week that he will be losing his job by the end of this month. It came as a complete shock and it took us a few days to come to grips with it and then start formulating a plan of action. We feel much better than we did over the weekend and are ready to get moving in the search.
You all will be hearing from me soon asking for any contacts or leads in the construction and building supply/materials industry!

Other news this week:

Ella and Si make silly faces! Yeah, what's new!?



And both had invisible boo-boos that they HAD to have Band-aids for!




I spent a frustrating amount of time yesterday looking for an overdue library DVD - once I found it (about 3 hours later) I then realized I had lost the case that I'd been carrying around all day and had to spend another 3 hours looking for it! Now that I have them properly married...it'll spend another 3 days in my car racking up fines!

Luckily, last week (before the bad news) I purchased the entire 4 season set of the 70's TV series Soap and so we are getting some laughs watching the episodes after the kids are in bed - this has been a nice stress reliever! Any Soap fans??


11 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

The floors are gorgeous!! Well worth all of the hard work and frustration.
Lots of good thoughts for Justin (and you) as he looks for another job. We are here if you guys need anything.

Jim Brochowski said...

Lovin' the floors.

Best of luck to Justin.

Looking forward to getting together soon.

The Bennett Family said...

The floors are beautiful!! Oh they just shine!! Now I have to ask, cause I am nosey, but where is the TV? Is it against the wall we can't see?

Jodi said...

The floors look AWESOME!!!
I am glad the SOAP video's are giving you some comic relief, I think the ones with Billy Crystal are priceless.
You know we are here for guys if you need anything

the4bulls said...

Hey - if you guys are done with your floors, feel free to come by our place. We need to rip up the carpet because of allergies, etc (and because Gavin took a crayon to his entire carpet in his room). And I LOVE the look!!!

Melissa Jones Photography said...

Your floors are beautiful! We hope everything will go smoothly with any new business/work transitions.

Jen said...

The floors look GREAT!!!

After watching YouTube....I have concluded that you do drink every night for you to be amused by SOAP.
How about....did you ever watch Dark Shadows? Those are classics :)

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE FLOORS, CAN'T WAIT TO WALK ALL OVER 'EM. WE ARE ALLOWED TO WALK ON THEM AREN'T WE? THEY AREN'T JUST FOR LOOKIN' AT AND FAWNING OVER ARE THEY? AND THE GRANDCHILLIN'S, HOW MUCH CUTER COULD THEY BE? IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN IMAGINE IT!
I LOVE SOAP TOO. WE WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO STAND IN THE KITCHEN TO WATCH IT THOUGH 'CAUSE NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO WALK ON THE FLOOR IN THE FAMILY ROOM.
I'M SURE J.P. WILL FIND SOMETHING MUCH, MUCH BETTER. GOOD THING HE HAS A WIFE WHO DOES CAREER COUNSELING, MAYBE SHE CAN HELP.
LOOK FORWARD VERY MUCH TO MY NEXT VISIT (I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO STAND OUTSIDE THE SLIDING DOORS TO SEE THE FLOOR, BUT I'M SURE THAT IT WILL BE WORTH IT)
EL PAPERINO AKA ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN GUY

MarilynT said...

So sorry to hear about Justin's job, but I have every confidence that the two of you will pair up to find him something just right!

Your floors are simply BEAUTIFUL!

Marilyn

stefanie g. said...

floors are beautiful. and i spotted the spongebob bandaids... oh my goodness my kid is obsessed with them. sometimes i think he makes boo boo's up just so he can wear one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails