Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why I Don't Ask Questions....


I'm sitting here doing some work reports and checking into some of my favorite sites when I need a little break...so I checked out www.imnotobsessed.com - saw a blurb about Ben and Jen naming their new baby.
So I ask: Ugh, do you know what Ben and Jen named their new baby?
Mason: Lynn?
Justin: Fin?
Mason: Ren?
Justin: Shin?

Then Mason comes over to to my desk and looks at the picture on the computer and asks:
"oh, do we know them, are they friends of ours?"

Yep, we bowl together every other Saturday....

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I have no comment except leave it to Mason

Jim Brochowski said...

I've read this 3 or 4 times now and it makes me smile every time.

The girls don't do this with the celebs, but they do act like every person we have over who we don't see every week is a complete stranger.

Like your recent visit.

Kids: Who are they again?

Us: There are friends. We don't get to see them very often, but we keep up with each other and we're getting together for a visit.

We follow this with long descriptions of things we've done with you, talk about how we read your blog and often share things with them. They still are clueless.

Me: Remember Batman?

K: (after a long pause and blank look) Ah, I remember going to their house. Remember D we played (insert video game name I don't remember here).

D: Oh yeah, Oh them. Oh okay. When are they coming?

J&A Huge eye rolls. Pay attention much ladies?

Related Posts with Thumbnails