We had a "somewhere over the rainbow" evening...
Rain, rain, rain, all day long...and then right before dinner time it cleared up. Silas and Justin went for a walk and Ella and I stayed home (because she was being a brat but it turned out okay). We went outside to do some birdwatching, and then it started raining...and then the sun came out. I told her to go look for a rainbow (really only joking) and she came screaming in THERE'S THE RAINBOW!!And it was a double rainbow!!
So while we were out birdwatching we saw these fine critters...
she is keeping a bird journal this week for school.
This lad was singing a fine little tune.
she is keeping a bird journal this week for school.
This lad was singing a fine little tune.
I was about to catch this one for dinner, or else put him on a Jenny Craig diet.
Justin informed me he was "just puffed up" - it was a bit chilly out and he was keeping warm (or else very relaxed...) I didn't buy it until I saw a couple of my pictures of the same guy and he was about half the size.
Justin informed me he was "just puffed up" - it was a bit chilly out and he was keeping warm (or else very relaxed...) I didn't buy it until I saw a couple of my pictures of the same guy and he was about half the size.

1 comments:
There is a bird like this that laid a nest in our tree - so maybe "he" is a "she"?
Post a Comment