Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason!!


14 years ago today - this rotten little thing (well, he's bigger than me now...) was born.
Since that day, I've wiped a thousand noses, faces, hands...butts...I've coddled, cuddled, soothed. I've read Dr. Suess, Dr. Spock, Dr. Doo Little, even Dr. Phil. The Cat in the Hat, Where the Wild Things Are, Good Night Moon and thousands more.
I've bribed, spanked and guilt-tripped for good behavior.
I've loved and feared more than one would think is humanly possible
.

I've become a professional mom - or at least a very serious amateur.
But I remember vividly that feeling of the doctor handing me this bundle saying Congratulations MOM!
and me thinking...Holy Hell, now what??

Last year's birthday post still says it best...in the blink of an eye...another year has come and gone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASON - WE LOVE YOU
(even as a rotten teenager! :-)

6 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

He is so cute or should that be handsome now.
Happy birthday, Mason!

The Bennett Family said...

so sweet! Happy Birthday Mason!! WE love you !

the4bulls said...

Worse than a teenager - a high schooler!!!!! Happy Happy Day Mason!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A LITTLE CUTIE-PIE HE WAS AND STILL IS!!

EL PAPERINO AKA CUTIE-PIE GUY (TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE)

Jodi said...

The rotten teenager is an under statement!! Looks like he had a geat day though!

Jim Brochowski said...

Yes, I am playing catchup.

I seem to remember that I didn't comment last year because I was all misty eyed at your poem.

Yeah, I went back and read it - you got me again.

They do grow up so fast. Too fast I think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails