Saturday, February 26, 2011

TGIF!

And I say that with an AMEN and Hallelujah!!  I don't know that I've been this happy to see a Friday end and the weekend start in a long time.  I have been nervously waiting all week for the end of this week. I had to do a presentation tonight at OSU for one of their MBA groups of about 40+ students. Of course I started getting sick with a cold, sinus, cough, congestion thing on Tuesday and felt miserable and nervous all week.

I started having a major fear that I'd have a crazy sneezing or coughing fit and wet my pants or something. Do you stop and explain to this group why you cross your legs when you sneeze/cough/laugh too hard or do you pull the leg crossing into a 360 degree twirl and pretend it's part of your presentation? Luckily I didn't have to make that decision.  I was mostly hidden by a nice big podium.  It all went well and I'll be happy if I never have to speak in public again (very unlikely though).

I was very saddened to see that my old boss, the former director of the library when I worked there, passed away this week.  He was a very kind and funny guy, old school, liked things simple. He was also very intelligent and passionate about the library system and helping others.  He helped me make the decision between getting my Masters in Library Science or a Masters in Counseling. He wrote me a wonderful letter of recommendation to use when applying to grad schools.  It's sad to think that he's gone - he was only 61.
Larry Black, 1949-2011



This is the last weekend in February so we've got to be productive - I'm excited to see what we have accomplished in our 2nd month of the YOSP.  I feel like we continue to make great strides.  It is also a very busy weekend with social activities too.  Ella has a 7:30am soccer game (which I think is insane for a 7 year old), 2 girl scout events this weekend, I am getting together with some high school girls Saturday night, book group on Sunday, and I really need some time to rest up and get rid of this cold!!  Which means that I really should be getting to bed now!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails