1. Get in better shape financially.
- I've updated to Quicken software since my "financial institution" decided to update their online banking and it's not compatible with MS Money and I wasn't too happy that they didn't tell me that before the transition! (Apparently I was the last person on earth to know that Microsoft is getting rid of Money).
- Have a meeting with a planner scheduled to help organize priorities, pay off debt plan and get a better handle on the business expenses for myself and Justin.
- Ebaying unused items...$100+ so far in the last couple weeks :)
- Lots of juggling this month as the aftermath of the NY trips and Christmas hit the books. We are using our Neat Receipt software and scanner to make sure that we are aware of what we spend the money on though. It's very helpful to not only know that I spent $52 at Target but how much was necessity and how much was "oh, that is cute!"...
- We met with our financial planner, got a "plan" in place, made some changes to our bank accounts so that we can move money around between accounts and deal with the business accounts.
- I spend at least 10-15 minutes every morning tracking and downloading our account information into Quicken. I spend more time on the weekend planning payments, incoming checks, etc.
- We have made changes in our spending. One BIG area for me to work on is using coupons and saving on groceries.
2. Get the house organized.
- started cleaning out the basement - we sorted through 2 shelving racks full of unorganized stuff. A lot of it was the Christmas decorations, but also some other holidays, found some old albums (CCR and Nielson Schmeilson for Justin, AC/DC and Thriller for me :) We have pulled a ton of stuff already that can be donated, some to be stored away for once we finish the basement and lots that is just plain old garbage!
- sorted and downsized the maternity clothes from 7 totes down to 2! Those 2 can either be donated or consigned.
- Cleaned out the master closet. What a mess! You can see before (left) and after (right) in the pics :)
- Each weekend I have made a list of what I want to get organized. This past week it's been the dreaded corner in Ella's room, sorted through the mounds of books that we've had piled in the kids' rooms and set out about 5 bags of stuff for donation.
- Organized the upper kitchen cupboards, including the spices that were falling on my head each time I opened that cupboard door.
- Sorted and organized 2 more shelving racks in the basement. We have another huge pile to be donated, eBayed and "dealt with" in some sort of way.
3. Health and fitness...get into better shape!
- We've been been going to the Y 3 times a week.
- I have increased my running from 0 miles 4 weeks ago to (on average) 3.5 to 4 miles. My max so far was 5.5 miles on Saturday.
- Justin and I bought new running shoes that will help decrease, or possibly even eliminate, the pain!! My left leg/knee/hip/hamstring has been very sore since I started running and looking at the video of my form (that they took at the shoe store) it's no wonder! I run like a duck!
- When you are walking/running on a treadmill, and it shows you how many calories you are burning...and then you consider popping a Twix or KitKat into your month, you realize that it will take 45 minutes of running to burn off those calories. It really makes you think about "is it worth it?" and I'd rather save my calories for wine! (oh, and healthy food too).
- Justin and I have both made great strides in this area. We are continuing to go to the Y, to work on being fit, healthy, eating nutritiously, shoving fruits and veggies down our kids' throats...
- My goal on Sunday was to run 4.5 miles. I felt really good Sunday morning when I went to the Y and I ran 6 miles. That is my personal best thus far. It has become totally addicting and I'm really looking forward to outdoor running once it warms up some. I could hardly walk down stairs for 2 days after...I continue to do too much too soon but I still feel good about it.
- We haven't done any "organized" activities but we've had some movie nights at home.
- Ella started indoor soccer this week - I think she'll really enjoy it!
- Family Y time now that we're going regularly again!
- We have yet to do any more organized family activities but with the weather like it's been, we spent a lot of time having movie nights and a sit-down family dinner almost every night of the week.
- I can tell you I'm NOT looking forward to the 7:30am soccer games that Ella has coming up!
- Running has quickly become a new hobby!
- I know this sounds cliche...but I've given myself "permission" to enjoy more time for reading, blogging and photography (and now exercising as well). I have a huge guilt complex when it comes to work because I work by the "billable hour". So when I'm not working, I'm not getting paid. Changing my mindset has helped greatly.
- My friend, NetterB is doing a photo project - a weekly theme and posting of weekly photos. I love the idea and have decide to do the same on my FotoBabble blog. I did a Google search and decided to follow the themes posted on this site. I am 2 weeks behind but plan to catch up with the weekly themes tomorrow!
- This area has lagged. I started doing the photo project but have struggled to find the time to get out and get photos. I'm still committed to the project though! I just need some time to catch up.
- I have had a lot of quality time with friends in the past week - my first Thirty-one party, a first movie/drink night with the girlfriends and book group on Sunday, as we move into our 9th year of being together!! I think we need our own reality TV show :)
6. Decrease my anxiety about death, dying and cancer.
- This seems to be taking care of itself...the more I workout and feel "healthy" the less I worry about it.
- Sad news often affects me deeply. Sometimes my heart aches for folks that I don't even know. This past week, good friends of a past client of mine lost their 5 year old son to cancer. It breaks my heart.
- A blog that I have followed for a long time now (before their loss happened) just recently posted this beautiful video of their story. Since the day I read of their horrible loss (in 2008), I was significantly changed as a parent. I'm very grateful that they have shared their loss, grief and search for new joy.
7. Spend more time with my husband.
- This has mainly consisted of quality "home organizing" time lately and going to the Y together.
- Business is slow...we're spending a lot of quality time together ;)
7b. No more kids, so I have to watch just how much time I'm spending with my husband.
- So far, so good!
- Ditto!
February is a short little month but I'm excited to see what we get done.

1 comments:
You inspire!
Post a Comment