Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Soccer Game

Ella had her first soccer game yesterday. She did a great job of hustling and even scored a goal! Coach Daddy was very proud of her and the girls. Their team name this year is The Butterflies.

Notice her new soccer cleats - pink and black :)


She looks like such a little tomboy here!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Justin was up at 5:45 am and was out the door at 6:15 to go play golf - some much needed R&R for him. He's worked his rear off on the floor and has all the hallway and most of the dining area completed. The more that goes down, the more we love it! Today we will work on getting the family room put back together - it's like a great big romper room right now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last night when I tucked Ella into bed, she was so sweet. She had played hard all day with her friends after soccer, so she was exhausted. She wanted to sleep in our bed and we were too tired to put up a fight. As I tucked her in she said "I love to snuggle with you - that's why I like to read books with you and sleep in your bed" and then she kissed me on the nose.
I know why my kids have to be so rotten sometimes - if they were as sweet as they can be ALL the time, my heart would shatter in a million little pieces.

4 comments:

Melissa Jones Photography said...

aww what a sweet thing to say. Ella looks like she is going to kick butt in soccer!

Jodi said...

Glad she did so well at soccer!!!
No one could fight that if they were sweet all the time.
Cannot wait to see the floor.

Anonymous said...

SINCE WHEN IS GETTING UP AT 5:45 "GETTING A LITTLE R&R"? I SAY SLEEPING 'TILL NOON AND BEING SERVED BRUNCH IN BED IS R&R!!
YUPPER, THEM THAR KIDS SURE IS CUTE!

EL PAPERINO AKA NON GETTING UP AT 5:45 FOR R&R GUY

James family and pets said...

I have to come to a soccer game soon. I thought your kids were sweet all the time :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails