Thursday, January 22, 2009

We're Headed Towards...


...one less hiney for me to wipe around here. With any luck, someday I'll be responsible for just my own. Silas has been dabbling in the potty training arena for a few months now but I think Dr. M had a talking-to with him when he went for his 3 year check-up on Tuesday. He seems to be taking it much more seriously since then, even asking me where his big-boy underwear was and wanting to wear it during the day.


Today was the first day I let him wear the underwear around and he did great. He told Kelly when he had to potty, and then when he got home he let us know too (and he's much lazier about it at home). Who knows, maybe he was inspired by a new President being in office. Whatever it was, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is IT!

Si is now 33.5 lbs (~45 percentile) and 37.5 inches tall (~60 percentile) - I know he's gone through a growth spurt in the last couple months - my back aches when I try to lug him around.

Surprisingly, Dr. M did NOT confront Si on his binky usage...so we'll see what happens on that front - one battle at a time...

3 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

He was so proud walking in the house yesterday, in his underwear. Maybe he needs to have a talk with Ry.

Netter said...

That's awesome!

When D was little, we told her they didn't make diapers for 3 year olds so when her third birthday came she put on big girl panties and never looked back. (I'm still amazed that worked!)

I remember when I quit doing home daycare - when people would ask how it was going, did I miss it?, I'd explain how nice it was that I didn't have to wipe anyone's butt but my own! ;)

I'm cheering Si on!

Jodi said...

Awesome job Si!!
I think the biggest battle will be the binki.

Related Posts with Thumbnails