Sunday, October 18, 2009

HUH? Mediocre What??


So, I was reading some of Mason's homework the other day and I probed him a bit about his plans after high school. We talked and I told him how our assumption is that he will go to college, etc. but I wanted to hear what he was thinking. He's a Freshman now and it's time to start taking this stuff seriously...yada, yada.

About 20 minutes later I get a text from Mason:

R u vicariously livin thru me n the hope that my accomplishments will validate ur mediocre life and n sum way compensate 4 all the opportunities u botched?

HUH?? First of all, he's texting me this??
2nd, where the heck is he??
3rd, I realize that he's on the john and texting me - GROSS!

I wait for him to come out and in that 10...15 minutes try to decide if I'm mad or not. Some but not a lot.
He comes out and I corner him. We have a brief discussion about choices. I do NOT bring up the "mediocre life" thing at this point (which is what got my dander up). A bit later, I tell him that I'm impressed that he knows how to spell "mediocre" and "vicariously".

He says "oh, yeah - I copied that from the Calvin & Hobbes book that I was reading in the bathroom" ... when he sent the text...


DUH! I KNEW that sounded familiar!! I just thought that I'd told MY parents that long ago...

4 comments:

MarilynT said...

Ack! What a character!

The Bennett Family said...

Thank you for the good laugh! I know that I would have been insulted, so good job not being all crazy like I would have! You are an awesome mother!

James family and pets said...

That is hilarious!

LGibbs said...

Your family cracks me up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails