Mason has some interesting classes this year. He's taking German, a Marine biology class, personal finance, psychology, pre-calc...he started an Engineering course but wants to drop that (can't say that I blame him...).
His friend Kyle is supposed to drive him to school, giving him an extra 20 minutes of sleep in the morning. Kyle picked him up yesterday but at the end of the day, his car wouldn't start, so it was back on the bus today!
Justin and I walked Ella and Si to school - Silas was very excited. He met his teacher at an ice cream social last week and then also at open house on Monday evening. It's the same teacher Ella had for K and we LOVE her!! Justin has been teasing Silas about how mean she is and how she likes to pinch the kids. Silas came home yesterday and told Justin that she only pinched him once :)
I'm used to having Silas walk home with me after dropping Ella off - now I drop them both off. But a mere 2.5 hours later, I pick him up and take him to Kelly's so at least I get a mid-day hug and to see his rotten little smile :)
El looks like such a little grown-up here!
Holding Dad's hand on the walk :)
Silas posed with Mrs. Sherwood before getting into line with his class. Such a big boy! He was SO excited when I picked him up yesterday and said what an "awesome!" day he had :)
Monday, the last day of summer break, was absolutely beautiful out. I decided to take Ella and Si to the zoo for a last outing. It was perfect!! And not very crowded as some of the schools had already started back.
Silas looks a little concerned about the polar bear coming up behind him!
Hard to believe another summer has flown by already!!


1 comments:
Careful, before you know it they will all be on their way to college and beyond...
Crazy how fast they grow up. I'm walking around with a constant lump in my throat these days just thinking about it.
Love the pics!
Post a Comment