Until stool sample collection is required...
Silas has had diarrhea since Friday or Saturday - I called the doctor, told them about the turtle tank water drinking incident and they want to test for salmonella. If it tests positive, they will retest in a couple weeks to make sure it goes away (it should clear out of the system by itself).
Dr. W (aka Mr. Rogers) was really grossed out by Si drinking the water - apparently this is a first in the office.
So, we stopped and got the poop kit yesterday and now we're just waiting around to catch some and drop it off at the doctor's office.
Aren't you glad you read this blog?

7 comments:
Bingo! - or as Ella declared - "mission accomplished!"
LOL.....so glad you got the sample.
You are very lucky to get it so soon!!! I am not sure why I am not surprised that Si would be the first to drink turtle water :)
For nurses, this is mild!!! Thanks for the laugh today.
I forgot about him drinking that water, gosh good luck on getting that sample.
If you need any help - don't forget about your wonderful neighbors. Not me - of course...maybe Jodi, or Angie, or Jen...
IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE TURTLE WATER, IT JUST COULDN'T HAVE BEEN. PROBABLY DIRTY DUCT TAPE. I WILL EMAIL UNCLE BILL AND SEE WHAT HE THINKS.
WHAT ARE THE GLOVES FOR?
EL PAPERINO, AKA WINE DELIVERY GUY
NEXT TIME I WILL BRING A 30 PACK OF RED DOG. I BROUGHT ONE TO SHAWN'S THIS WEEKEND (HE NEVER HAS ANY BEER IN STOCK) AND IT WORKED OUT REAL WELL.
Great visual when you actually see the poop kit.
I read that Kelly was volunteering, what a gal!
Post a Comment