Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just because he's 13...


doesn't mean he's any more coordinated! Mason wiped out on his RipStick this evening, and he and I spent a few hours down at Children's ER - missing out on his birthday dinner (bbq ribs) and ice cream cake.

He's got a broken bone in the forearm area (the radius I now know) and is in a full arm cast. He'll have a cast for 6-8 weeks. He got really razzed by the ER nurses and docs about being there on his birthday. Thanks to Dr. Bull and Nurse Jodi, our neighborhood medical team. I seriously don't think I would have taken him for the x-ray if they hadn't strongly suggested that I should get it checked out...though he was in quite a bit of pain.

He felt good when we got home so we ate leftovers and then he opened one of his presents...cake was postponed until tomorrow!



I knew he'd figure out a way to get out of mowing the lawn this summer!!


4 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

Oh no! Poor Mason. And on his birthday, of all days.

the4bulls said...

Poor guy! Hope he remembers to keep the cast dry...and that he can still push a mower with one arm!

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment in this neighborhood :)!!! It will be amazing how he will figure out how to use one arm.
Jodi

The Bennett Family said...

What an exciting birthday! I feel bad that he didn't his cake! Happy birthday Mase!

Related Posts with Thumbnails