Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OBX - a Day in Pictures

Wonderful day...here are the pictures to prove it!

I started the morning with a great walk alone on the beach. I didn't take a camera but had my phone camera.

My boys...

Miss Boo

We made a trip to Roanoke Island today to visit the Lost Colony site. It was interesting and in a beautiful area.

Anyone else see Broadway in Si's future?

Instead of tree-huggers, I've got grave huggers.

Some kind of tree - anyone know what it is?
Si trying to figure out the binoculars

We did a Dairy Queen run this evening - this is Si with his cone oozing all down his face and hands. He didn't get a nap today because of the running around so he threw quite a fit when it was time to leave the DQ - he cried all the way home saying he wanted to go home and see Zoe.
Justin, Ella and I went to the Roanoke Sound to watch the sunset - Ella took this picture of us!

The gazebo where we watched the sunset

Ella looking out
The sunset over the sound - no lighting doctoring to this picture!

I plan to listen to the iPod up top this evening for a bit and get to bed early...this vacationing stuff is tiring!!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Awesome pictures especially the sunsets. That is the thing about vacations you need a time to recover from them...

Kelly Syferd said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Anonymous said...

YUPPER, THE PICTURES OF THE SKY ARE FANTABOULOUS. BUT, I REALLY LIKE THE PICTURES OF YOUSE GUYS!! ( I ESPECIALLY LIKE "THE BOYS")
WHO'S GRAVE WERE THEY A HUGGIN'?
EL PAPERINO, AKA APPRECIATING THE PICTURES GUY.

Related Posts with Thumbnails