Friday, August 29, 2008

I love...

having someone to walk to school again in the mornings now that Miss Boo is in the big K. I love the back-to-school atmosphere. She is adjusting very well to the new schedule and to getting up early every morning. She is always full of news when she gets home. Yesterday she told me that she made 2 new friends in class - Cloe and a boy (but she doesn't know his name).

This morning Si was still sleeping when I walked Ella to school, so Justin stayed home while I took Ella. As I was coming out of the school, I saw a very sleepy looking Si walking with Justin towards the school. He was still in his Bob the Builder jammies and was wearing his beaded turquoise flip-flops. Justin said he didn't want to get dressed, he just wanted to walk to the school "right now!" I wish I had taken a picture of the goofy boy.

Drama Queen!


Mason got another haircut - the cut from the beach wasn't short enough for him

Siley J.


Here is the current state of my office while we are putting down the hardwood. How can I be productive working in this mess? (I always have an excuse!)


Weekend Outlook:
~ Hope to make major progress on the flooring over the 3 day weekend - it is LABOR DAY isn't it??
~ First OSU game - Go Bucks!!
~ It's my high school 20 year reunion weekend!! How can this be??
Tonight is an informal gathering at Otie's (of course!) and then tomorrow night we will have the official shin-dig at the Buckeye Hall of Fame. I bought a "new" camera on eBay - a handy little point & shoot so I should have lots of pictures as I play with it.

6 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

Have a great time at your reunion!!

Jodi said...

My house looks like that and I have no excuse like putting in floors. I am so little Miss transitioned well to school. Enjoy your reunion- let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOO, WHO IS DOING THE FLOOR WHILST THOU ART GOING GALAVANTING ABOUT TOWN? DOES THIS MEAN THAT YOU'RE NOT STAYING TO HELP? I NOTICE THAT NOBODY CALLED ME TO HELP. SHOULD I FEEL BAD ABOUT REJECTED, DEJECTED AND SUBJECTED ABOUT THAT?
I'M SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU GOT A NEW CAMERA. NOW MAYBE, WE CAN HAVE A FEW GOOD PICTURES OF STUFF. NEXT YEAR MAYBE OVER 1,000,000 PICTURES OF YOUR VACATION.
HAVE A WONDERFUL REUNION. I HOPE THAT JP IS ABLE TO DO THE FLOOR W/O YOUR ABLE ASSISTANCE (OR IS HE GOING TOO?) HAVE FUN!!
EL PAPERINO, AKA REJECTED GUY

Anonymous said...

OH BOY ANOTHER ONE FROM ME!!! DOES YOUR ENJOYMENT OF WALKING LITTLE ONES TO SCHOOL MEAN THAT WE SHALL SOON AGAIN BE HEARING THE PITTER-PATTER OF LITTLE FEET AROUND YOUR HOUSEHOLD (ACTUALLY SCUFFING UP YOUR NEW TEAK FLOORS). HOW WONDERFUL!!
EL PAPERINO AKA, LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE GRANDCHILDREN GUY

James family and pets said...

The thing that surprised me the most about this post is Mason's haircut. It looks really nice, short hair must be making a come back. And I understand your feelings about the 20 year reunion, that was me last year on labor day weekend, wondering how in the world did 20 years go by so fast.

The Bennett Family said...

So I was so proud of myself for posting 18 times this month. An all time high until I saw that you had posted 37 times!!! Which is almost how many times I have posted this year!!! It is then that I realize that I am such an amatuer at this. It sounds like you have a very busy weekend. Enjoy your reunion festivities. Plus I'd love to see more of the flooring! Like I said so jealous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails